Friday 14 December 2012

Prologue

It was the worst time in my short life. My whole family was breaking apart. 

It all started when my Mamma was caught with the Nanny. Daddy found them when he came back from work early.

Photobucket

After I had come in from school I went straight to my room. I could still hear everything. The pitiful pleas of my mamma saying it was all a mistake and that the Nanny didn't matter. How she was stupid for not realizing what she had. 

I heard my Daddy saying he couldn't live like this. It wasn't fair on him or me. 

Photobucket

I tried my best to drown out the noise but nothing worked. 'Till sleep got a hold of me. 

Photobucket

I awoke in the middle of the night, my stomach growling. In amidst the fight I didn't have dinner. 
I crept downstairs, glad that the fight was over. Trying to see if there was any food in the fridge.
There were footsteps coming down the stairs, Mamma came into the kitchen. She smiled at me as she went to the fridge and got out some eggs to make a waffle for me.


"You know mummy will always love you, don't you, Nilly?" she said as she watched me eat. 


Photobucket


I just nodded my head since I was busy devouring the waffle and trying not to think about their fight earlier. They always seemed to work things out. This was another thing that they could work out, too. Couldn't they?

Mamma took me back to bed, tucked me in and turned out the lights. That was the last I saw her. It didn't occur to me why there were bags by the front door or why Mamma had gotten up in the middle of the night, too. 

She had left us. Left me.

All she left for me was a note, which daddy wouldn't show me. He said that I wouldn't understand it and that he would give it to me when I was older. 

That's how we ended up here! In this podunk town. 

Photobucket

Daddy said he didn't want our old neighbors to pity us, and it gave us a fresh start. I thought it was because the house reminded Daddy of Mamma and what she did. 

"It's just you and me kiddo!" He said, as we arrived at our new front door "You and me!".

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Great start, can't wait for the next chapter ^^ Poor girl, to have gone through something like this at her young age :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww... that poor girl. A parental breakup is always a bad thing to go through, especially when you're still just a kid. I wonder what her mum wrote on that note her dad won't let her see, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really feel for her. We shall just have to see if he does give her the note when she is older ^^

      Delete